Renewable Hydrogen Conference
The Renewable Hydrogen Conference was hosted by the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development on Friday, 31st August 2018 at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre. The Conference was attended by approximately 350 local, national and international delegates.
The comprehensive Conference program comprising international, national and local content was well received.
- Keynote presenters outlined visions for renewable hydrogen in Western Australia's future and, more broadly, Australia's future through presentations by the Premier of Western Australia, Hon. Mark McGowan MLA; the Western Australian Minister for Regional Development, Hon. Alannah MacTiernan MLC; Australia's Chief Scientist, Dr Alan Finkel AO, and Ben Wilson, Chief Executive Officer, Australian Gas Infrastructure Group.
- International presentations by ENGIE (France); Kawasaki Heavy Industries (Japan); H2Korea (Korea) outlined their approaches to a world hydrogen economy and highlighted plans to implement sustainable futures powered by renewable hydrogen.
- Presentations by CSIRO and ARENA described the opportunities and benefits (economic and environmental) to be gained from renewable hydrogen as an export industry.
- ATCO, Woodside, Siemens and Yara provided insights into actions being taken to integrate and transition to renewable hydrogen as part of their business models.
- Hydrogen Mobility Australia, Toyota Motor Corporation and Hyundai Motor Company outlined the vision, actions and challenges in implementation of sustainable mobility solutions.
- The Western Australian Premier announced that a Renewable Hydrogen Council to be led by Hon. Alannah MacTiernan MLC would be established, and would report back to the State Government on proposals to support the growth and development of a renewable hydrogen industry in regional Western Australia.
Delegates were able to experience a range of domestic and commercial renewable hydrogen products on display:
- Hydrogen fuel cells powering up a mobile phone charging station, (ice cream) freezer, barbeques and DJ - courtesy of Woodside, with Panasonic also displaying its hydrogen fuel cell.
- The Toyota Mirai and Hyundai NEXO – a new generation of hydrogen fuel cell vehicles.
- Microturbine (courtesy of Optimal).
Where possible, presenters have kindly agreed to make their Conference presentations available to delegates. Please note the presentations are available for personal use only. If you wish to circulate/reference more broadly, please ensure due acknowledgement is made to the source.
Markets and Economics - International Vision
Markets and Economics - Australian Government Perspectives
Hydrogen In Action
Hydrogen in the Transport Industry
If you have any questions or require further information please email renewableH2conference@dpird.wa.gov.au