Aboriginal Governance and Leadership Development
The Aboriginal Governance and Leadership Development Program (AGLDP) is a multi-dimensional initiative providing opportunities for Aboriginal people in in corporate governance, procurement and business leadership.
Aboriginal Corporate Governance Development Program
Application for the 2015-16 round are now closed
Royalties for Regions is investing $1 million into eligible Aboriginal businesses and Boards through the Aboriginal Corporate Governance Development Program.
The Program delivers grants to eligible Aboriginal businesses in WA's regional and remote locations to assist with improving their governance practices. It provides access to professional assistance to support businesses strengthen their financial management and strategic decision making.
2015-2016 Grants are now open with applications closing on Thursday 9 June 2016
Successful applicants will be able to access support under two categories:
Category 1 – Corporate Governance Training
This category is focused on approved training, workshops and forums such as:
- Up-skilling employees, management and leaders which leads to improved operational and governance processes;
- Governance training linked with the improvement and/or accreditation of the organisations management systems;
- Ongoing training that is part of the employer's staff/management development;
- Travel and accommodation costs associated with Corporate Governance training – where local options are not available;
- Subsidising costs involved in bringing recommended service providers to deliver local group Corporate Governance training.
Category 2 – Independent Directorships
This category is focused on engaging non-member directors to provide tailored capability building for a short period of time such as:
- Assisting the board to review board performance and of the organisation management;
- Assisting the board to assure shareholders that company is being run competently and in the best interests of all shareholders;
- Providing independence to board to resolve challenging situations where management and the wider interests of the organisation may diverge at times on issues such as tendering opportunities, business takeovers, boardroom succession, executive management remuneration, changes of corporate control, large acquisitions and the audit function.
Maximum grant funding provided under the Program is $60,000 (and no more than 50% of the total costs of the approved activity) per stream applied for. Joint applications for assistance under both streams have a maximum of $120,000 (dependant on resources).
- Be an Aboriginal business or Board;
- have a valid ACN or ABN;
- be solvent;
- be an entity that is undertaking a commercial or business activity;
- have operating facilities located in regional or remote WA;
- have operating facilities that will remain in regional or remote WA for next 12 months.
For 2015-2016 applicants, demonstration of involvement or connection with the State Regional Centres Development Plan or the Aboriginal Land Based Economic Development Program will carry weighting in the grants assessment process.
How to apply
Applications closed at 2:30pm, Thursday 9 June 2016.
Applicants are encouraged to refer to the User Guide and Frequently Asked Questions, and contact the Program Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or on either (08) 6552 1821 or (08) 6552 2116 prior to submission. Please refer to the list of service providers provided. DRD is not liable for the advice provided.
Completed application forms are to be submitted to email@example.com by 2.30pm Thursday 9 June 2016.
The Department of Regional Development is currently seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Contractor to provide an advisory service that supports the Procurement Reform element of the Aboriginal Governance and Leadership Development Program.
The Request document can be obtained from the Tenders WA website at www.tenders.wa.gov.au, reference: DRD201507526.
Submissions closed at 2:30pm, Thursday 2 June 2016.
Any queries in relation to the Request should be directed to Emma Gregory, A/Procurement Manager on (08) 6551 1533 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aboriginal Business Leaders Program
The Department of Regional Development (DRD) is seeking to establish a Panel of suitably qualified and experienced contractors with the capacity and capability to deliver one or more Aboriginal Business Leaders Programs (ABLP) in regional Western Australia.
The ABLP will deliver business leadership training, coaching and mentoring opportunities.
Participants will be Aboriginal directors, managers or employees, or Aboriginal people with an interest and commitment to progressing business development.
Further information will be released soon regarding ABLP delivery locations.
The Request document can be obtained from the Tenders WA website at www.tenders.wa.gov.au
, reference: DRD201601387 Submissions closed at 2:30pm, Thursday 2 June 2016.
Any queries in relation to the Request should be directed to Emma Gregory, A/Procurement Manager on (08) 6551 1533 or via email@example.com