Emerging Community Leadership Program
Program participants L to R:
Top - Robert Miniter Jnr., Monica Kerr, Tanya French, Will Hosken, Deeva Muir, Jeremy Diver, Liz Guidera, Andrea Gray and Abi Farina
Middle – Rebecca Woods, Barbara Howard and Juliet Grist
Bottom – Sayah Drummond, Michael Ward, Lee Steinbacher and Karina Tairua
Project status: In progress
Sixteen participants have been selected to participate in the Emerging Community Leadership Program (ECLP).
A panel of representatives from the Department of Regional Development and Regional Development Commissions assessed 29 competitive applications for a place in the program.
The ECLP aims to support the resilience and sustainability of regional WA communities by supporting local leaders to develop their capacity to make a positive difference in their community.
The program will bring together a diverse group of emerging leaders from across southern Western Australia for 12 days of interactive and theoretical leadership skills development, field trips to local businesses and projects, and 'action-learning' community leadership projects for each individual or within groups.
During the five month experiential leadership journey, the ECLP participants will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in a Community Leadership Project with the aim of making a positive contribution to the community
- Interact with influential local leaders
- Discuss local leadership challenges and explore opportunities to lead transformational change
- Build leadership skills, confidence and networks, and
- Receive individual and group leadership coaching.
The Program is being delivered by Karrak Consulting on behalf of the department.
It consists of four regionally based workshops:
- Workshop One : 18 – 21 June 2015 (York)
- Workshop Two : 23 – 26 July 2015 (Denmark)
- Workshop Three : 10 – 13 September 2015 (Dryandra)
- Workshop Four : 22 – 25 October 2015 (Donnelly River)
Participants will also receive:
- Four individual leadership coaching sessions
- Two group coaching sessions in preparation for action-learning projects.
For more information please visit the Karrak Consulting web page or contact the Program Coordinator Kim Lisson on 0412 126 147.
ECLP Participants’ Media Coverage
Jurien Bay Community Resource Centre – Craytales Newsletter
Avon Valley Advocate