Carnarvon Town Centre and Fascine Redevelopment
Project Status: In progress
Carnarvon's town centre is being revitalised thanks to a Royalties for Regions investment of $19.58 million through the Gascoyne Revitalisation Plan to redevelop the Fascine waterfront and recreation area which involves:
- Carnarvon Fascine Redevelopment Planning Studies - $0.780 million
- Carnarvon Fascine Development Phase 1 – Robinson Street and Surrounds Revitalisation Project - $8.0 million
- Carnarvon Fascine Revitalisation Stage 5 - $7.0 million
- Carnarvon Fascine Revitalisation Completion Project - 3.8 million.
The redevelopment has already seen a resurgence of recreational activity along the fascine foreshore and has become an iconic drawcard for both residents and visitors to Carnarvon.
The project has been pivotal to creating a vibrant town centre and central business precinct and an improved connection between the waterfront and town centre to support economic development and growth to attract and increase retail and commercial development opportunities and boost the attractiveness of Carnarvon as a tourist destination.
- major infrastructure works to address potential tidal surge issues along the fascine wall
- traffic redesign and road upgrades along Robinson Street
- the restoration of an existing jetty
- soft and hard landscaping works to the waterfront area
- street furniture
- community artwork
- car parking.