Project status: Completed February 2013
"The upgrade of the foreshore is an outstanding achievement for the City of Busselton. As a community group, we are extremely proud of the outcome and look forward to many years of celebrating events there," said Ms. Jacquie Happ, Chair of the Dunsborough & Districts Progress Association.
Royalties for Regions supported the Dunsborough Foreshore Enhancement with $3.6 million, plus $700,000 through the Country Local Government Fund, to provide an improved recreational space for tourists and the community.
The project has enhanced the natural beauty and cultural heritage of the Dunsborough Foreshore, and will conserve the area into the future.
The foreshore now includes the following facilities:
- Children's playground in Seymour Park for residents and visitors
- Community gathering space including public art and community art elements
- Public amenities including a toilet block in Seymour Park
- Public car parking and facilities on the foreshore including seating and drinking water stations
- Beachside facilities and improvements to foreshore lighting
- Road improvements around the Dunsborough Foreshore area
The enhancement allows local businesses to benefit as tourists are likely to remain in the area for a longer time, which will strengthen the social and economic wellbeing of the town.