Eneabba and Carnamah
Project Status: In progress
Royalties for Regions has provided $481,293 of funding to the Shire of Carnamah to revitalise community infrastructure and provide family friendly amenities, accommodation and increased recreation opportunities in the two towns of Carnamah and Eneabba.
The project commenced in early 2014 with works due to be completed in early 2016. The total project budget is $712,466 with Royalties for Regions funding $360,000 through the Mid West Investment Plan and another $121,293 through the Country Local Government Fund.
The Royalties for Regions investment will help pay for:
- New entry statements
- Signage and tourist information
- Caravan park improvements
- Playgrounds and parks
- War memorial enhancements
- Improvements at existing tourist sites
- Better heritage interpretation.
Components of the Eneabba revitalisation include:
- Entry signage on the Brand Highway
- installation of an irrigation bore
- creation of an avenue of trees on the northern entry to Eneabba
- introduction of a short stay caravan park facility at the existing Eneabba Oval – including access and tree planting
- limestone gardens beds with trees and shrubs in front of the roadhouse
- upgrading the tourism information board
- fencing of Horseman's Oval
- children's playground with shade shelter, seating and landscaping
- additional in town signage.
Components of the Carnamah revitalisation:
- Enhancement to the War Memorial and Yarra Park area including installation of permanent shade, investigation of additional play and fitness equipment, formalising the garden, additional shade tree planting and upgrading the information sign
- revitalisation of Macpherson Street entry, including adding colourful garden beds, window displays in the visitor centre, screening of adjacent workshops and renovating the exterior of the building
- completion of the "Windows Project" which is displaying historical photographs in the unused windows in the main street
- upgrading the fencing from wire to pickets at the child care and Landcare buildings
- enhancement of the southern entry to Carnamah including reducing the open gravel area by landscaping and creating an avenue of trees to Bowman Street
- improvements to the caravan park, including construction of an undercover camp kitchen, installation of a recreational vehicle dump point and creation of shade by a major tree planting programme
- improvements at Lakes Lookout including street furniture, improved signage and a walking route from Carnamah to the lookout
- improved signage to Macpherson Homestead.