Gascoyne Revitalisation Plan
Project Status: Ongoing
Royalties for Regions has invested $150 million over six years to revitalise the Gascoyne.
The Gascoyne Revitalisation Plan will develop services and infrastructure to provide the community with an enhanced quality of life and potentially generate employment opportunities for local businesses in the planning, works and operational stages of the projects.
The Gascoyne Revitalisation Plan will be a substantial economic stimulus to the region and will:
- Build increased economic and socio-economic development capability and capacity;
- Provide the community with an enhanced quality of life conducive to expected growth; and
- Potentially generate employment opportunities for local businesses in the planning, works and operational stages of the proposed projects/initiatives.
Local intelligence informing the revitalisation
A key feature to the Gascoyne Revitalisation Plan is having local intelligence informing funding/project decisions. This includes:
- Projects being funded are being drawn from the Gascoyne Development Plan 2010-2020 which was developed by the Gascoyne Development Commission and the four Gascoyne local governments in December 2009.
- A local decision making body – originally through the Gascoyne Revitalisation Steering Committee, now replaced by the Gascoyne Advisory Group – has been established to identify, develop and recommend initiatives for Gascoyne Revitalisation Plan funding.
Further to the Gascoyne Development Plan, the Gascoyne Development Commission will also be able to access $292 million across five years to implement State-wide economic, social and community development projects in their Regional Investment Blueprints.