Pilbara Community Projects
Royalties for Regions provided a $93.5 million investment through Pilbara Cities administered by the Pilbara Development Commission towards significant and much-needed community infrastructure projects. These community projects were identified as priorities and delivered in partnership with Local and State Government agencies, not-for-profit organisations and private enterprise. The projects are a good example of what is possible when all levels of Government and industry work together towards a shared vision.
Royalties for Regions has invested in the following community projects:
- Pam Buchanan Family Centre, Karratha - $3 million, completed January 2012
- Frank Butler Community Centre, Karratha - $2.5 million, completed September 2012
- The Youth Shed, Karratha - $3.5 million, completed February 2012
- South Hedland Bowls and Tennis Club - $2 million, completed July 2014
- Wanangkura Stadium, South Hedland - $11.1 million, completed April 2012
- Educational and Cultural Amphitheatre, Karijini National Park – $1 million, completed September 2014
- Yaandina Family Centre – Residential Aged Care Roebourne - $6.1 million, completed November 2014.
- Yaandina Family Centre – Roebourne Youth Centre - $2.5 million, completed February 2012
- Newman Sporting Facilities Improvement - $4.8 million completed February 2015
- Mirnutharntu Maya Employment Related Accommodation, South Hedland - $8 million, completed November 2014
Further Royalties for Regions invested projects underway are:
- Paraburdoo Childcare Centre - $1.5 million, completion April 2016
- Dampier Community Hub – $6.5 million, completion March 2017
- East Pilbara Arts Centre - $3.4 million, completion May 2015
These community projects will help to improve the social, health and economic wellbeing of the local towns and cities.