Regional New Industries Fund
The State Government is committed to building regional economies that are entrepreneurial, creative and technology driven to create sustainable job opportunities for regional people.
The State Government’s New Industries Fund, will allocate $4.5 million across the nine regions of Western Australia to support venture creation, accelerate small-medium enterprise growth and seed innovation initiatives.
The program comprises of two allocations, a Regional Stream and a State Network Stream. Totalling $4.5 million over four years.
The Regional Stream will seed local initiatives that build a communities innovation pipeline and to drive long term impact. Up to $300,000 is available to each region.State Network Stream
The State Network Stream will fund projects that increase connectivity and build capability across regions, the state and to international markets. In particular, the stream priorities initiatives that enable technology development, service innovation and market access.
Regions will work together to develop initiatives.
Any regionally based organisation or individual interested in innovation and business development are encouraged to register to join a Regional Innovation Partnership. Here’s how:
- Register your interest to be involved
- Attend a roadshow briefing in your closest regional centre
- Read the program guidelines, frequently asked questions, templates and application forms linked on this page
- Help design and deliver your regional roadmap and action plan
- Join the conversation #WAinnovation
Register Your Interest
- Applications open 7 March 2018
- Roadshow briefing will be held in each Region commencing in late March 2018.
to participate in a Regional Innovation Partnership and attend a briefing.
For more information, download the guidelines, frequently asked questions, application forms and templates linked on this page. You can also contact the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development for more information at RNIF@dpird.wa.gov.au