Regional New Industries Fund
The State Government is committed to building regional economies that are entrepreneurial, creative and technology-driven to create sustainable job opportunities for regional people.
The State Government's Regional New Industries Fund will provide grants across the nine regions of Western Australia to support venture creation, accelerate small-medium enterprise growth and seed innovation initiatives.
Applications are now closed.
You can contact the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development for more information at RNIF@dpird.wa.gov.au or call 6552 1860.
- So far five successful recipients have received a total of $902,000 through the Regional New Industries Fund for their projects, these are:
- Pollinators have been awarded $120,000 to lead the Basecamp Science and Eco-tourism incubator project in the Mid-west
- Creative Albany have been awarded $340,000 to lead the Design and Innovation Great Southern Hub (Digs Hub) project in the Great Southern.
- Meshpoints have been awarded $250,000 to lead the Building Capacity in Regional Innovation project across regional WA.
- Impact Seed have been awarded $92,000 to develop a pilot to incubate emerging and Aboriginal social enterprises in the West Kimberley and the Gascoyne.
- The WEB Business Hub and Port Hedland Chamber of Commerce will receive $100,000 to develop a 'shark tank' program to foster innovation and assist new emerging business enterprises in partnership with Pilbara innovation hubs and chambers of commerce in Karratha, Hedland, Newman and Onslow.