Pilbara Education Partnership
Project status: In progress
Education continues to be one of the key reasons that families leave regional communities, so Royalties for Regions is investing $50 million into the Pilbara region's education services.
The Pilbara Education Partnership identifies effective mechanisms to build capacity and improve the quality of education and training services in the Pilbara.
The project is intended to improve the quality of early childhood, primary, secondary, vocational and tertiary education in the Pilbara.
Some of the key areas include:
- E-learning, including information communication technologies and simulated learning tools
- Attraction and retention of staff, including pre-service and in-service support
- Pathways to learning and training for staff and students.
It has already funded projects such as:
- the roll-out of upgraded broadband infrastructure to all government schools
- teacher attraction and retention programs
- Health and Community Training Centre in South Hedland
- Electrical Specialisation facility in Karratha.
The Pilbara Education Partnership is a Pilbara Cities Initiative and is administrated by the Pilbara Development Commission.
It is a joint initiative between: