Regional Schools Plan
Project status: Completed
Royalties for Regions has allocated $100.5 million over four years to provide better educational opportunities for rural and remote students, by constructing new and refurbished facilities at 13 schools in regional Western Australia as part of the Regional Schools Plan 2010-2014.
The Department of Education provides high quality educational opportunities to all students in the state no matter where they live or what their circumstances. Given the geography and population distribution of Western Australia, the capacity to deliver high‑quality education services to some regional areas is challenging.
1. Upgrades to performing arts, music and media centre and additional staff area at Broome Senior High School.
2. Extension and refurbishment at Collie Senior High School of:
- Performing arts building
- Administration facilities
- Change rooms
3. Construction at Denmark Senior High School of:
- New library/resource centre
- New materials technology building
- Science block upgrade
4. Replacement of Esperance Primary School including:
- Administration block
- Early childhood unit
- Class rooms
- Dental therapy building
- Covered assembly area
5. Update/refurbishment and extension of school facilities, administration area and student services area at Katanning Senior High School.
6. Construction at Narrogin Senior High School of a new performing arts, music and media centre and upgrades to the administration area.
7. Construction at Pinjarra Senior High School of:
- Technology and enterprise learning area
- Materials technology workshops and studios
- Food and textiles studios
8. Construction of new educational facilities at Carnarvon Community College including:
- Early childhood block with two pre-primary classrooms and two year 1 classrooms
- Teaching block with four general classrooms
- Dental therapy centre
- Car parking.
9. Construction of an administration block, library and associated works at Karratha Senior High School.
10. Construction of new performing arts, visual arts, media and music centre and refurbishment of administration area at Northam Senior High School.
11. New cafeteria, landscaping, external painting and façade treatments at Hedland Senior High School.
12. Construction of new facilities at Derby District High School including:
- Early childhood education block
- Performing arts and music block
- Food technology block
- Conversion of existing music room into a science laboratory.
13. New Primary school including early childhood teaching block, general teaching block and covered assembly area as part of the amalgamation of Merredin Schools.