Kellerberrin aged-care facility
Project Status: Completed
The Wheatbelt now has access to a refurbished aged-care facility located in Kellerberrin, with the completion the Dryandra Residential and Community Care, delivered in two stages.
The Stage 1 development of the facility was completed in early 2013. It included an investment of $550,000 from Royalties for Regions, which assisted with constructing a new kitchen, laundry, store room, cleaner's room, meeting room and a new larger medication/treatment room.
Total cost of Stage 1 was $2,104,890 comprising:
- Dryandra Residential and Community Care - $1,468,490
- Royalties for Regions - $550,000
- Lotterywest - $86,400.
The Stage 2 expansion of the facility was made possible by $4.9 million investment from Royalties for Regions and includes:
- 21 additional rooms
- a dementia-specific wing with 13 dementia-specific rooms, an additional eight high-care rooms and associated service/treatment rooms
- New care, servicing and room equipment
- a furniture fit out
- and minor upgrades to the existing building.
Total cost of Stage 2 was $5,862,274 comprising:
This project provides seniors with the opportunity to receive the care they require while remaining close to home, where their sense of attachment, familiarity and identity with the community is valued and protected.