Pilbara Health Partnership
Project status: In progress
The Pilbara Health Partnership is a $38.2 million project that aims to provide robust, sustainable and high-quality health services that meet the diverse health needs of residents in the Pilbara.
Royalties for Regions is investing $32.9 million with the Pilbara Industry's Community Council contributing $5.3 million in total across a six year span.
The Pilbara Health Partnership aims to deliver a range of health improvement services across the Pilbara including:
- Emergency transport
- Aboriginal liaison officers
- Emergency Department medical equipment and Telehealth Initiative
- Emergency management education and training program employment
- Medical specialists
- Nurse practitioner
- Aboriginal training and employment
- Karratha helipad
- CT scanner services at Nickol Bay Hospital, Karratha
- Family health workers
- Small hospital planning and revitalisation.