Sounness Park Community Recreation Development
Project status: Completed
Clubrooms and upgraded facilities at Sounness Park in the Great Southern have recently been constructed thanks to a Royalties for Regions investment of $1.9 million.
The $6.729 million development will provide modern, adaptive sport and recreation facilities to house six community sport and recreation organisations in the Great Southern region.
The project included:
- a clubroom /change room facility for use by all sporting groups and the general public
- refurbishment of the existing football oval to competition standard
- construction of a new cricket pitch (including turf wicket)
- construction of a new soccer oval
- installation of a synthetic hockey pitch
- installation of playing field lighting
- upgrades to the water storage capacity
- development of an integrated irrigation system which includes waste water re-use and water recycling opportunities
- a networked drainage system
- a dual use footpath /cycleway.
The project was delivered in conjunction with the Department of Sport and Recreation, Lotterywest and Shire of Plantagenet.