Country Age Pension Fuel Card
1300 666 609
Country pensioners do not have access to metropolitan levels of public transport and often have to rely on their own means to travel to access essential services.
The Country Age Pension Fuel Card provides eligible pensioners with up to $575 a year towards the cost of fuel and/or taxi travel from participating providers to offer more support for the transport needs of eligible pensioners living in country areas.
The Country Age Pension Fuel Card Scheme is funded by the State Government's Royalties for Regions program and administered by the Department of Transport.
Contact the Country Age Pension Fuel Card Information Line on
1300 666 609 for:
- Card balance
- Updating of details
- Lost/stolen cards
- Participating fuel outlets
- Location of Australia Post outlets.
The information line operates between 8.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday, for general information and 24 hours a day for lost or stolen cards.
Who is eligible to apply for a Country Age Pension Fuel Card?
To be eligible for a Country Age Pension Fuel Card, you must be
- Receiving a
Centrelink Age Pension, Carer Payment, Disability Support Pension, or a Department of Veterans' Affairs Service Pension, Social Security Age Pension or Income Support Supplement ; and
- Living in an eligible regional location.
How to apply for a Country Age Pension Fuel Card (new recipients)
Obtain a Country Age Pension Fuel Card Application Form from participating country post offices.
Contact the information line on 1300 666 609
to find your nearest participating country post office. Select 'option 7' to speak to a customer service officer. Alternatively, visit Australia Post
for your nearest country location and contact them to check they are participating in the program.
- Present your Centrelink or Department of Veterans' Affairs Pensioner Concession Card when submitting your application form at the participating post office.
Ensure your name and addresses (residential and postal) on the application form match your Centrelink or Department of Veterans' Affairs record.
Submit your application form to the post office attendant by 12th May of each year. Note: For administrative purposes, applications are closed and cannot be accepted or processed between 13th May and 30th June each year.
How long will it take to get my card?
- It should take up to four (4) weeks for your initial application to be processed and for your Country Age Pension Fuel Card to be posted to you.
- Ensure the details provided in your application match up with your Centrelink details.
- Information on how to use your Fuel Card will be sent with the card.
What do I do when my card expires?
- Your Country Age Pension Fuel Card will be automatically issued in July every year and posted to the address provided when you first lodged your application.
- Ensure your personal details (name and address) are kept updated and match your Centrelink details.
1300 666 609 or send an email email@example.com to update your information.
- Unused balances will be forfeited on 30 June annually.
Why have I not received my automatically issued fuel card?
- Your personal details may not accurate - Have you changed address? Do your details match those provided to Centrelink?
- Have your circumstances changed? Please confirm your eligibility to be receiving the card.
Where is the nearest participating fuel outlet?
Fuel outlets displaying the motorpass logo are participating in the Scheme.
Which taxi companies are participating?
Taxis displaying the Cabcharge are participating in the Scheme.
Terms and Conditions
Frequently Asked Questions
- Record all transactions in the Log Sheet provided and retain transaction receipts.
- Ensure your personal details are up to date at all times.
1300 666 609 for further enquiries.