Community Chest Fund
The Community Chest Fund (CCF) is a Royalties for Regions small grants program, administered by each of the nine Regional Development Commissions (RDCs).
The CCF comprises one-off grants of up to and including $50 000 to support small, local demand driven community projects throughout the year.
Applications for the CCF 2017 round are open Monday 1 August 2016. Please contact your local Regional Development Commission for CCF closing dates, to discuss if your project is eligible and to obtain the guidelines and application forms.
The contact details for RDCs can be accessed through the following links:
• Gascoyne Development Commission
• Goldfields Esperance Development Commission
• Great Southern Development Commission
• Kimberley Development Commission
• Mid West Development Commission
• Peel Development Commission
• Pilbara Development Commission
• South West Development Commission
• Wheatbelt Development Commission
Must I be part of a community group or organisation to be eligible to apply?
Eligible applicants may include local governments, voluntary organisations, educational institutions (e.g. universities and Parents and Citizens Associations), philanthropic foundations and community organisations.
- All voluntary and community groups applying for funding must have an Australian Business Number (ABN), be an incorporated body or have equivalent status (e.g. represented by an incorporated auspicing body).
- Organisations outside the region may apply, but will need to demonstrate significant, sustainable regional benefits and a commitment to local decision-making and planning.
- Preference will be given to projects that can demonstrate that a grant from the Community Chest Fund will leverage funds from other sources.
- State and Commonwealth Government agencies are not eligible. Individuals or private sector businesses are also not eligible.
Can my project be eligible for both the Regional Grants Scheme and the CCF?
Unfortunately, no. Projects requesting funding under $50,000 should apply through the CCF Scheme. Projects requesting funding between $50,001 and $300,000 should apply through the Regional Grants Scheme.
How soon after applying will I know if I am successful or not?
A rigorous assessment process of all applications is undertaken for the CCF. Applicants can expect to hear from their local RDC within six months of applying.